Principal Civil Engineer
JPJ Engineering is looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to join our Duluth, MN office to manage daily operations, provide mentoring and coaching to staff, participate in business development efforts and provide professional project management to ensure client satisfaction of civil engineering projects including; commercial, residential, municipal and industrial site developments, roadways, stormwater design, water and sewer systems, sediment and erosion control plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Proficient knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D
- Minnesota PE license
- Wisconsin PE license (preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years of commercial and residential site development project experience
- Possess demonstrated leadership skills and management ability
- 3+ years of management experience supervising the work of designers and drafters
- Ability to identify and pursue potential business opportunities; proactively works to develop business relationships
- Must be adept in establishing and maintaining strong and positive working relationships with staff, clients, and public-agency personnel
- Ability to lead projects including creating a scope of work, preparing proposals and contracts, setting project schedules and budgets, coordinating project activities, providing technical leadership, review and approval plans, and handling all direct client contact
- Ability to perform conceptual and preliminary engineering design studies (incorporating land use and zoning considerations, assessment and consideration of site constraints, infrastructure requirements, and potential regulatory issues)
- Prepare/process regulatory plans, public improvement plans (private and public), and hydrologic studies and drainage reports.
We offer an excellent benefits package. Salary will be dependent upon experience.
How to Apply
Inside JPJ Engineering | Open Position
Resumes can be sent to:
425 Grant Street
P.O. Box 656
Hibbing, MN 55746