With the development of Essar Steel, west of the City of Nashwauk, the project included the City extending potable water for domestic use and sanitary sewer to serve both the crusher concentrator area and pellet plant area. The potable water project included construction of a water booster pump with 3 booster pumps and 31,500 feet of 10" and 6" water main.
The sanitary sewer improvements included 3,750 gravity sewer, 26,800 feet of 4" and 6" force main and 4 lift stations.
JPJ Engineering provided:
- topographic survey of the pre-stripping area
- topographic survey of the tailings basin pipeline corridor, stormwater and stockpile "B"
- design of utilities within the M.E.S. corridor between the crusher/concentrator and the M.E.S. building that included gravity sanitary sewer, the fire water line, wash water line and coordination for the future gas line in this corridor
- miscellaneous concrete construction staking
- north railroad loop topographic survey
- Essar blast pattern clean up survey
- settlement plate readings and miscellaneous site and tailings basin surveys
- project design of gas line routing on CR 58 from Northern Natural Gas delivering point to the pellet plant area
- pellet plant utility design that includes 12" slurry lines, return water lines and fiber optic locations
- rock excavation volume verification during crusher/concentrator initial construction