Obtaining an Elevation Certificate in a potential flood zone will allow you to obtain necessary flood insurance at a premium that is accurately representative of the risk. The Elevation Certificate is used to compare your building elevation to the base flood elevation of the area.

JPJ Engineering will research all necessary records, physically measure the building features and complete a FEMA Elevation Certificate for your insurance agent, lending institution, and any other public or private institution that requires the Elevation Certificate.

If you believe your property was incorrectly identified as a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), you may submit an application for an Electronic Letter of Map Amendment (eLOMA) to FEMA for a formal determination of the property's location and/or elevation relative to the SFHA. If the property is determined to have been incorrectly identified flood insurance may no longer be required.

JPJ Engineering can measure the buildings' elevation and determine if an eLOMA can be filed and if so, we can complete and submit the eLOMA application on your behalf.

Elevation Certificate / ELOMA